Inside Joost – Latinos get Joosty & a channel mini preview
Update: Latinos in Joost land!
The VOY channels will include a variety of programming including:
– VOY Filmmaker Showcase features the best short films, music videos and commercials made by Latinos or featuring Latinos.
– LatinEyes is a magazine show highlighting Latin culture in the United States and abroad. From political, historical and entertainment figures, Latin Eyes highlights Latinos who are making an impact in the U.S. and around the world as well as products, places and events that shape the Latino experience.
– VOY to Hollywood features celebrity interviews, featurettes and behind-the-scenes news on movies and shows that interest Latinos.
– Hola America!, a news magazine focused on Latino personalities who are making an impact in the United States. Guest on the show have included: Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives), Lupe Ontiveros (Desperate Housewives, Storytelling, etc), Tony Plana (Ugly Betty) Richard Riordan (Mayor of Los Angeles), Chip and Kim McAllister (Winners of Amazing Race).
– LowLos, A weekly show dedicated to Lowriders and the Lowriding culture, lifestyle.
– (IN)Pulse, A VOY original hosted weekly show on all things entertainment with a Latino twist. We take the pulse on the latest happenings in the music, film and television industry and report what’s cool to Latino youth today.”
This is the #1 question I keep getting from people, and since I can’t guarantee I will be able to give a more in depth report later today, here is a brief summary:
Right now (as of 2.26.07) JoostÂ offers 29 “official” channels:
(and my lazy,Â written-during-last night’s-Oscar-commercial descriptions)Â
Warner Bros Records – EPK-style behind the scenes content on bandsindyCar – Exciting indy race car actionMTV Stayin AliveNational Geographic
Joost Suggests (what starts up default)
Indie Flix Premiere Hits
Lazy TV (US) – lots o” reality shows
Fifth Gear – test driving the most glamourus dream cars
Gamestar TV – devoted to videogame entertainment
Saturday Morning TV – so many cartoons!!!!
Red Hot Chili Peppers – behind the scenes with the RHCP
Lime – healthy food, personal growth, stress management. Basically lots of hippie type stuff.
Off the Fence – Docs on Demand
Live @ Much
Bite TV – for the technorati who seeks instant gratification: irreverent, thrilling, short form programming.
Saavin – Let your Bollywood experience begin here
Netwerk – Info/Promo behind the scenes content on all Netwerk Artists
Havoc Action Sports TV
Explora Channel – episodes from The Third Planet
World Strongest Man
Jizzy TV – Huh? Jamie Kennedy? whaaaaaat?
Excerpt of his intro: “Are you tired of some old people telling you what to watch?”
Atlantic Street – Behind the scenes content on Atlantic records artists
Beyond the Pit – http://www.beyondthepit.net/
Paris Hilton – Have you not had enough of her yet?
Green Day – all things Green Day
The Diddy Channel – *sigh*
What’s Popular – Top views on Joost
Many of these channelÂ namesÂ are self explanatory -Â but for those that aren’t as obvious, stay tuned for a more detailedÂ review of eachÂ channelÂ later this week.